Environmental Control with a Passion for Precision
Imagine a laboratory containing instruments so sensitive that a temperature variance of just one-half of one degree Fahrenheit will throw off their accuracy. A change in relative humidity of only 1% will do the same.
IBS excels in environments like these. And we’ve given the scientists who work in them unsurpassed 24-hour temperature and humidity control—in some cases, to a variance of only ±0.5%.
Of course, we have to admit, not everyone needs quite that level of precision. Some of our clients, for example, need only to bring their operating room suites to JCAH standards, which, while stringent, are not as insanely demanding as the example above. Still others need to reduce energy costs and improve comfort in a building or a campus—preferably while minimizing new capital investments.
Since our founding, Interactive Building Solutions (IBS) has been dedicated to providing innovative solutions for:
- Enterprise System Integration (ESI)
- Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Direct Digital Controls (DDC)
- Testing, Adjusting and Balancing (TAB)
- Total HVAC System Commissioning (Cx)
- Access Control Security Systems
- Duct Leak Testing
- Duct and Envelope Tightness Verification
We can provide these services separately, or in any combination, as you may need them. We also provide Building Operations services, and, when needed, emergency repair services.
But, IBS is best known for our Design/Build services for specialty laboratory and critical environment spaces like those mentioned at the top of the page. These projects allow us to use lal our skills synergistally, at a level of performance and precision that others simply can’t match.
Our credentials check all your boxes
Most clients seeking an environmental services firm are looking for certain credentials. At IBS, we have all your boxes checked, including:
- Certified factory trained control technicians
- Licensed professional engineers
- Certified Test and Balance (TABB) technicians
who are members of the Sheet Metal Workers Local 73
- Licensed City of Chicago Stationary Engineers who are
members of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 399
- LEED Certification
- OSHA trained
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Illinois Society of Professional Engineers (ILSPE)
- American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE)
- Hospital Engineering Society of Northern Illinois (HESNI)
- Testing, Adjusting, Balancing Bureau (TABB)
- Chief Engineer’s Association of Chicago (CEAC)
Of course, many firms have credentials similar to ours. What they don’t have is our passion for precision, and our track record of innovation.
Browse through our website to see how those qualities can become advantages for you.